She came up with 101 things for 1,001 days. That’s about 2.75 years to get 101 goals, dreams, and tasks completed. Sounds good, right?
Of course, I love a good list so I started trying to come up with 101 things that I want to do in the next 2.75 years…
This is a lot harder than I thought. Here’s what I have thus far:
1. Join a professional association for Leadership Educators.
2. Invest in a new camera.
3. Take someone I want to learn from out to coffee/dinner/lunch at least once a month.
4. Run/Walk a 5K.
5. Do more guest blogs.
6. Send email to leadership friends for insight into their world.
7. Get personal business cards.
8. Take on a Board/Council position within the Junior League of Nasvhille.
9. Be nominated for and apply again for Nashville Emerging Leader Awards.
10. Participate in a Nashville based leadership development program.
11. Go to Bluebird Cafe.
12. Be an extra on ABC’s Nashville.
13. Contribute to a new charitable cause on a bimonthly basis for 1 year.
14. Eat at 1 new restaurant per month.
15. Make it to the gym 3X per week for at least 3 months.
16. Join Toastmasters.
17. Drink at least 2 bottles of water per day for at least a month.
18. Pick an exercise class and stick to it for at least 3 months.
19. Send 2 random cards to friends at least twice a month.
20. Do Karaoke in Nashville.
21. Go to Gatlinburg, TN and Memphis, TN.
22. Take a trip every 8 months to a new destination in the US.
23. Make plans to go abroad and go!
24. Pay off debt.
25. Clean my house at least 1x per week. I live alone. I’m messy.
26. Get my car detailed.
27. Grocery shop every month. I eat out A LOT!
28. Join CABLE.
29. Go on a date.
30. Cook 1 meal per week.
31. Recommit to a small group.
32. Take a trip to W&M.
33. Read at least 1 new book per month.
34. Send my mom more cards. She keeps them all.
35. Find my signature scent.
36. Buy a great pair of tailored black pants.
37. Take time alone with God in the mornings at least 3X per week.
38. Read the entire Harry Potter series.
39. Get a massage.
40. Find a primary physician.
41. Go on a hike.
42. Clean up my computers (work/home).
43. Decorate my home like a grown up. Curtains? Coffee Table? New TV?
44. Throw a dinner party/supper club in my home.
45. Send out Christmas Greetings.
46. Seriously, plan my return to school for my Ed.D.
47. Plan and have a classy 30th birthday party.
48. Professionalize my closet.
49. Invest in big girl heels.
50. Return to learning the Spanish language.
51. Go home at 5 as often as I possibly can.
52. Leave at least 1 night per week during the weekday that I don’t have any evening plans.
53. Be a lead facilitator or Keynote Speaker at more events.
54. Be accepted as a LeaderShape Cluster Facilitator.
55. Host a book collection event for Book ‘Em.
56. Make more 1:1 connections with students at Vandy.
57. See a therapist.
58. See at least 1 live musical performance a month.
eek! Still 43 more things to go…I’m working on it. Of course, many things that I want to do are at odds with each other but it is all about prioritization and doing things on a budget. Planning is such a joke, right? Life happens in ways that tends to kill most of our plans but at least I can use this to orient me and help me make a first step. We’ll just have to see what He has in store from there. What God has for me is for me and it might not be anything on this incomplete list :).