I’ve wanted to do Kendi Everyday’s 30×30 Challenge since I read about it a couple of years ago. Take 30 pieces of clothing and make 30 days of outfits. The initial rules of this Challenge included not shopping for those 30 days but Kendi has since made things a bit less relaxed. I’m not even sure if she does the Challenge anymore, which might be a reason for me to stop this train of thought ASAP!
Why do this?
1. I spend too much money on clothes.
2. I have clothes that I don’t get my money’s worth out of in the current way that I wear them.
3. Creativity is a muscle that needs to be exercised.
4. I need to stop thinking that I don’t have anything to wear.
5. I spend too much money on clothes.
6. I need to better appreciate what I have in my closet.
7. I spend too much money on clothes.
8. I need a fresh style perspective.
9. It could be fun!
10. I spend too much money on clothes.
Get the point? 1,5,7,10 pretty much sums it up for me. I just returned a boat load of clothes after realizing that I’d totally gone beyond my budget for the month. It is plane ticket time and nothing can stand between me and my mommy. Though it pained me to return those dresses and that jacket, I had to go with my values and I love my family way more than polka dots, lace, and leopard print. Clothes serve so many purposes in my life and it has led to my obsession of adding more and more to my closet. Slight addiction but I promise I can stop…I think :/.
If I did the challenge my start date would be tomorrow and November 1 would be my last day. Hmm…
30 pieces of clothing…eek! This could take a moment.
Chambray is neither cham nor bray. Discuss!