Man, this week has been something else!
Despite some unpleasant moments, I have been able to take a deep breath and think about all of the good.
– Lunch with Jessica Reasons at Taco Mamacita. Check out her blog, DahliaLynn.
– First BlogNashville event: H&Margaritas with a lovely group of ladies who are intense bloggers. I have so much to learn.
– Lunch at Bosco’s with my lovely sorority sister and Tri Delta Nashville Alumnae President, Elizabeth.
– One of my favorite people, Royce, was in town recruiting fresh new talent and I was able to release him from the Opryland Hotel and take him for a real drink at The Patterson House and then a driving tour of Nashville. Love this kid!
– Surprise cupcakes from The Cupcake Collection. My mouth is still watering. YUM! Love great colleagues.
– My faves are still on The Voice. Sasha Allen and Michelle Chamuel–who are you rooting for?
– Great lunch with a colleague at West End Cafe. Get the Strawberry Fields Salad.
– Return to the elliptical machine and squats. Sore much?
– The voice of a great friend as he slayed it on a phone interview. I mean, he’s amazing and I’m so proud to know him. I love people who bring their A Game ALL THE DANG TIME!
– Fresh office supplies. There is nothing like a new pack of Pentel R.S.V.P pens, a rubber band ball, and a can of compressed air to clean my keyboard. Call me a nerd. No really, it is totally fine.
– Kairos at Brentwood Baptist Church. The message, the worship, the nice people–I dig it.
– Messages from sweet people and Happy Hours as a result of those messages.
– I can cross Etch off my restaurant list. Been there and felt decent about it. Had the Pork Tenderloin–try it.
All in all, ’twas a blessed week.
Hope you had a great one and if it didn’t appear to be great on the surface then take a deep breath and really think about those small moments that made you smile. We let the bad overshadow our world and we’ve got to learn to focus on the light.