This post is the definition of late. We are 9 days into Black History Month and this post should have been delivered 4 days ago. I just realized that there could be layers to this statement but there’s enough commentary (too much) circulating about blackness after a certain superstar decided to stray from her nonthreatening lyrical roots and get more in touch with her actual roots. As I commented to a friend this morning, “don’t let anyone interrupt your slaying time.” Therefore, I SLAY! Today’s post is about the slayage that has already and will continue to take place in the month of February.
It’s a leap year, y’all! We get that extra 24 hours. I’ve scheduled a nap. How about you?
Oh, and I don’t do Valentine’s Day. I’m not even going to act like I have some higher intellectual view towards the holiday. I’m not in love and I haven’t had an actual Valentine’s Day since I was in college therefore, I’m jealous and it makes me sad. So there! Get out of my face with all of your pink and red shit. Yes, I know, I’m going to spend the day engaged in loving myself and the Lord. Yeah, I got it.
Launch of The Leadership Studio/ Communication Studio Session S.A.I.L Success Session Steve’s Birthday! JLN Masquerade NEL Opening Mixer JLN Board Meeting Super Bowl First PREVAIL Planning Team Meeting NEL Facilitator Training JLN In Home Meeting JLN 8th Signing at MCJCH InTune Alpha Chi Omega @ UGA Brene Brown & Valentine’s Day Nashville Emerging Leaders MOTOWN @ TPAC Relationships Session on Commons Dare 2 Be @ Crosspoint Mavenly + Co visit
- Tamara’s Goodbye Brunch
- IMPACT @ American University
- First draft due of book chapter
Submit NELA Application on 2/15
- Continue BossyPants and Leadership Instablog research
- 3 posts to PeculiarPearl
- Complete S.A.I.L Session 2- Authenticity
Send out Doodle for next if:gathering in March Complete NLC Homework
- Finalize plans for EVOLVE
Begin planning for EVOLVE
- Start planning for TEDxVanderbiltUniversity 2016!
Beyoncé Tickets!!! Prayers, please!
- Set up meetings with at least 2 past JLN Presidents
Set up a dentist appointment
- Finalize 33rd Birthday Trip
- Pray for an open heart and mind when it comes to this season of my life. Pray that the Lord will give me the strength to embrace it and not let it lead me to lose my faith or hope in His promises. To constantly seek to be intentionally full of light, love, and laughter.
- Sweat at least 30 minutes each day (my fitness motivation is not in a good place)
- Leave at least 1 blank night a week
- Be in bed by midnight
- Buy less stuff (2 sweaters from LOFT, new Spanx, mani and pedi for Masquerade)
Now, it’s time to work. 20 days and counting, my friends.
I see it, I want it
I stunt, yeah, little hornet
I dream it, I work hard
I grind ’til I own it… (Beyoncé, Formation)
I’ve updated my January Happenings & Hopes post in case you’d like to see my success rate.
What about you? What’s happening for you during the month of love?
Krystal “I strongly dislike those chalky candy hearts” Clark