I did it! I made it through the month of May without shopping for clothes. Factors contributing to my success include:
1. I’ve been super busy doing other things.
2. The students are gone so I’m not constantly seeing cute clothes I just “need” to own.
3. I’ve been less stressed which means less retail therapy and when I have been stressed I’ve just gone to the gym or to sleep.
4. I had fun remixing existing items. The day after laundry day is like opening a new boutique in your closet.
5. The money I didn’t spend on clothes I spent on Carrie Underwood concert tickets, a haircut, and a few eating trips to Nashville culinary hotspots. So, did I “save” money—uh, no. I just repurposed it—Hey, back off. I’m a work in progress.
6. I went home and came back with 2 “new” bags from my mom’s baskets o’ purses and new perfume with matching lotion so I felt like I shopped without spending cash.
Now on to June…Let’s see if I can keep this up or least keep the shopping impact on my wallet low ;).
Oh, and I totally got rid of most of my TV stations yesterday…post coming soon!