Since I wasn’t shopping for the month of May I was forced to reframe my existing wardrobe and make it feel like new again.
I discovered my “go to” pieces. The workhorses of my closet.
1. Striped Tops- Blue & White and Red & White (Stylemint pictured above)
2. Leopard flats- similar to having a neutral shoe that can be paired with many colors and, thanks to style bloggers everywhere, I feel comfortable pairing them with stripes
3. Jason Wu Black Pleated Skirt- pretty, easy, and can be dressed up or down plus if I spin I feel like I’m 5 again
4. Fuschia handbag by Maja—I love this bag and wearing it with other bright colors. I wor an orange J.Crew dress with a camel Merona jacket, and flat neutral Merona sandals on my flight home to VA. Compliments were given ;).
5. Cardigans- I have a rainbow of cardis but my favorite ones include bright pink (J. Crew), Leopard print (Merona from Target), Orange ( J. Crew), and taupe (NY & Co.). I throw these on over a dress, sleeveless top, wrap it over my shoulders to instantly class up any ensemble.
6. LBD- I have a great standby from The Gap that I can throw on with any pair of shoes and a colorful bag
7. The Dolce Vita Wedges pictured above, I mean HELLO! Love these shoes and can wear them to work or out on the town.
8. Colorful pants from Old Navy and Target. I have blue, green, and Nantucket Red options.
9. Chambray Top that can be thrown on with any of the pants mentioned above, the Jason Wu skirt, different shade of jeans or open over a tank to add a layered effect
10. A colorful, fun dress that is easy to slip on and change the tone with a few accessories from day to night
Notice, that nothing I mentioned was overly expensive and some of these staples I’ve had for more than a year.
10 items that can be remixed to create a variety of new looks. Luckily, I had a great foundation that made the Fashion Fast more bearable than I thought.